Monday, June 29, 2015

Last Year's Mistake by Gina Ciocca

Publication Date: June 9, 2015
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Pages: 256

Before:
Kelsey and David became best friends the summer before freshman year and were inseparable ever after. Until the night a misunderstanding turned Kelsey into the school joke, and everything around her crumbled—including her friendship with David. So when Kelsey's parents decided to move away, she couldn't wait to start over and leave the past behind. Except, David wasn't ready to let her go...

After:
Now it's senior year and Kelsey has a new group of friends, genuine popularity, and a hot boyfriend. Her life is perfect. That is, until David's family moves to town and he shakes up everything. Soon old feelings bubble to the surface and threaten to destroy Kelsey's second chance at happiness. The more time she spends with David, the more she realizes she never truly let him go. And maybe she never wants to.

Told in alternating sections, LAST YEAR'S MISTAKE is a charming and romantic debut about loving, leaving, and letting go.

My Thoughts:
I usually stick to anything but contemporary and it really has to catch my eye in order for me to pick it up. Don't get me wrong I like contemporary romance, I just have to be in the mood for it.

So obviously this one caught my eye! It's a super easy read and you could finish it in a day or less.

The story is told in alternating times: Past & Present. Okay fine, I really wasn't too interested in the past BUT I had to be because it told the back story of David and Kelsey which lead up to this HUGE BIG CRAZY betrayal that cause Kelsey to not speak to David for over a year.

After this so called betrayal happens Kelsey gets a lucky draw and gets to move away and start all over! YAY! so she leaves the past and moves on and becomes the whole new person with new friends and a boyfriend.

Then her life is thrown upside down when when this blast from he past decides to move into the same town and attend the same school as her! WHOA how coincidental is THAT?!

As David becomes involved in her new life, Kelsey has to deal with past feelings and past hurts.

I enjoyed the tense feelings going on between David and Kelsey as they deal with present times and try to figure out what the heck happened to cause such a rift!

Kelsey-honestly was a bit annoying. She is a bit over dramatic about everything, and when it comes down to it she's a cheating backstabber. Now lets be fair-this is just a story.

David-really is nothing but a player, truly. Down to brass-tax he is. Sorry!

So we've got total high school drama/romance that really when you find out the whole "misunderstanding" I nearly chucked the book across the room. Which solidified the true characters of Kelsey and David. Blah.

Overall the book kept me interested and I'm not going to lie I kinda enjoyed the drama between David and Kelsey. I was in the mood for it!

Sexual Content: Moderate (kissing, talk of sex)
Language: moderate/heavy (I think.... I remember there being quite a bit)
Violence: mild
Drugs/Alcohol: moderate (underage drinking)

*if you're in the mood for this kind of thing I would obtain the book from a friend or library*






No comments:

Post a Comment