Thursday, June 4, 2015

End of Days by Susan Ee (Penryn & the End of Days #3)

Published: May 12, 2015
Publisher: Hodder & Stoughton
Pages: 435

After a daring escape from the angels, Penryn and Raffe are on the run. They’re both desperate to find a doctor who can reverse the twisted changes inflicted by the angels on Raffe and Penryn’s sister. As they set off in search of answers, a startling revelation about Raffe’s past unleashes dark forces that threaten them all.

When the angels release an apocalyptic nightmare onto humans, both sides are set on a path toward war. As unlikely alliances form and strategies shift, who will emerge victorious? Forced to pick sides in the fight for control of the earthly realm, Raffe and Penryn must choose: Their own kind, or each other?
My Thoughts:
Holy cow what happened Susan Ee.... What I LOVED about the first two books, failed for me in this last one that I have waited 2 YEARS for! GAH!

The ending was typical and cliché I knew that is what would happen. Which wasn't completely disappointing but I'm satisfied enough with that ending.

The story itself was fabulous and totally Susan Ee and maintained the awesomeness from the first two books.

Penryn continued to kick butt and all the awesome, freakishly weird, creepy, cool characters from the other books are brought back, and it all ended with a bang.

What disappointed me? THE ROMANCE! What I loved about the first two books was that it didn't overwhelm the story! Penryn wasn't some hormonal, horney girl who didn't lose focus of what was really going on in hopes of rolling in the hay with Raffe! what the heck! what happened?! I seriously felt like it became a romance book instead of a cool post apolozclyptal story.

Granted, the action was great, and I kinda hoping that Susan Ee will do something with this world now that it has been utterly destroyed. I'd like to see if she could carry on with a story of rebuilding or something maybe not with Raffe and Penryn but you know.

Anyway overall the actual story line was great the action-spot on. The romance...sadly didn't fit with the other two books. Oh well, I am not giving up on you Susan Ee!

Sexual Content: heavy (kissing, petting, panting, tension)
Language: mild/moderate (I can't remember)
Violence: heavy (murders, killing, battle scenes)
Drugs/Alcohol: mild/none

*Due to content in THIS book I would stamp this Obtain for those sensitive to that type of content*







No comments:

Post a Comment