Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Book Review: Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi

Book Description:
WORLDS KEPT THEM APART.

DESTINY BROUGHT THEM TOGETHER.

Aria has lived her whole life in the protected dome of Reverie. Her entire world confined to its spaces, she's never thought to dream of what lies beyond its doors. So when her mother goes missing, Aria knows her chances of surviving in the outer wasteland long enough to find her are slim.

Then Aria meets an outsider named Perry. He's searching for someone too. He's also wild - a savage - but might be her best hope at staying alive.

If they can survive, they are each other's best hope for finding answers.
My Thoughts:
I think I am getting too old or something. I think this book could be great, but there are some serious changes that need to happen first. 

The whole idea of the Realms was confusing and weird and honestly, completely unbelievable. That totally threw me off with its weirdness. Aria is not a likable character, and I didn't think she grew to be likable through the course of the book either. 

I thought Rossi wrote Perry's character very well (however every time I read "Perry" I did it in a Phineas and Ferb voice.) He was probably my favorite. I think the relationship between Aria and Perry is okay, but not awesome. kind of like the rest of this book. And there were a lot of bad-writing-Twilight-moments with Perry scenting Aria. Okay, I get it, she smells of violets, can we move on now? 

The pacing was very well done and the book is interesting enough. I read it all in one night and I wasn't bored. I liked where the book ended - not too terrible of a cliffhanger, but there's still things that need to be solved eventually. But overall, the plot, the story, everything just fell a little short for me. It was an okay book, and I might pick up the sequels, but I'm not going to die if I don't ever touch this one again.
2/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment