Thursday, May 29, 2014

Book Review: The One by Kiera Cass (The Selection #3)

Book Description:
The Selection changed the lives of thirty-five girls forever. And now, the time has come for one winner to be chosen.

America never dreamed she would find herself anywhere close to the crown—or to Prince Maxon's heart. But as the competition approaches its end and the threats outside the palace walls grow more vicious, America realizes just how much she stands to lose—and how hard she'll have to fight for the future she wants.

From the very first page of The Selection, this #1 New York Times bestselling series has captured readers' hearts and swept them away on a captivating journey... Now, in The One, Kiera Cass delivers a satisfying and unforgettable conclusion that will keep readers sighing over this electrifying fairy-tale long after the final page is turned.
My Thoughts:
Seriously? SERIOUSLY??? How can you do that to me! I waited 3 years for this series to be competed and that's how you end???

Alright lets be real. Kiera Cass is not a great writer. She's not! But she is a great story teller. This series girls LOVE, why? it's full of drama! For those who like to watch ABC hit reality show The Bachelor or The Bachelorette will LOVE this series. Why? because that is what this whole series is about. 35 girls are chosen from all walks of life and all of them have to win the Princes heart to get the crown. So there are lots of historical scenes of girls going nuts, sabotage and ridiculous drama. But among all this is a girl named America who doesn't want the crown or the prince but as the series goes on and a retarded, ridiculous, unnecessary love triangle unfolds as America is torn between her love of 2 men. BLAH!

Then there were random characters whose whole character change and characters killed off that you are like, "huh?" that was random and unnecessary. Plenty of holes and lots of opportunity that make this amazing.

Well I still loved the series, it was easy to read and stupidly fun but I liked it.

The ending to the book that has me all tied up in knots was terrible. I was happy with how it ended but really it was terrible, which doesn't make any sense. Let me quickly explain.

The author continues the drama and drags it out the entire last book and wraps up everything in a matter of 40 pages or less. So much that it ended too conveniently it was disappointing. When I closed the book I was shocked! Really? that's it?! it was lame but I got my ending so I was "happy" weird I know.

I still have this a higher rating because I loved the story and everything else that went with it even though it's really not the best writing and a seriously disappointing ending even though you'll be happy to a point.

Sexual Content: moderate (a character tries to seduce another, some serious kissing-NO SEX)
Language: mild
Violence: moderate (rebel breakouts and killings, some fight scenes that are mild)
Drugs/Alcohol: mild
4/5 Stars


No comments:

Post a Comment