Sunday, February 9, 2014

Introducing: Kris!

Well hello there, bookmigos! My name is Kris and I am a book nut. I've been invited to add some craziness to this blog (because apparently, you're not nutty enough. Tsk tsk.)

I know Bekah from way, way back many centuries ago. Or maybe just last decade. Bekah and I lived in the same area in Florida. We had a class together and spent many mornings goofing off instead of listening to our teacher. Shame on us. I moved to Utah during my senior year of high school and lost touch with my Florida friends, but thanks to the magic of Facebook, I found Bekah again and we have bonded over our mutual love (or hate) of books. Yay for books!

Bekah invited me to join her blog because I am a very picky reader. Some of the books she reads and loves, I read and despise with every fiber in my wee frozen little heart. I'm not sure we've found a book that I love and she hates yet, but I'm sure we'll get there eventually. I'm going to be her back up or her nemesis, or possibly both. So now you get twice the reviews for half the price! Sweet!

A little about myself: I live in Utah. I am 27. I am married and have a 6 year old son with autism. My boy is absolutely brilliant and already a great lover of books - although he is only in kindergarten, he reads on a 4th grade level. Definitely my own child.

I am a writer myself. I have written four novels, though I haven't been published yet. I live to read. I currently attend Brigham Young University, where I am majoring in English and minoring in Editing. My goal is to get my Master's Degree in Creative Writing and write Young Adult novels, while also becoming a professional editor/proofreader for a publishing house. Last year I had an internship with Cedar Fort Publishing, where I read incoming manuscripts and decided if we wanted to publish them or not. It was the best fake job I've ever had.

When I'm not ignoring schoolwork and housework in favor of a good book, I can be found watching movies and/or binge-viewing Netflix, playing the piano, eating, or spending hours messing around on the Interwebs.

I'd list my favorite books, but there are just too many. Instead, you can peruse my Goodreads profile. I can also be found at my personal blog and, of course, Pinterest.

Read on, fellow readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment