Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Fairest (The Lunar Chronicles #3.5) by Marissa Meyer

In this stunning bridge book between Cress and Winter in the bestselling Lunar Chronicles, Queen Levana’s story is finally told.

Mirror, mirror on the wall,
Who is the fairest of them all?


Fans of the Lunar Chronicles know Queen Levana as a ruler who uses her “glamour” to gain power. But long before she crossed paths with Cinder, Scarlet, and Cress, Levana lived a very different story – a story that has never been told . . . until now. 

My Thoughts:
So good. Sucked me in and I could not stop reading. Why is this labeled 3.5? It's long enough to be a stand-alone and doesn't fall between the 3rd and 4th books. If anything, it's a prequel. And that is my only beef with Fairest.

Meyer so effortlessly gets inside people's heads. Her characters all sound like individuals, dialogue sounds like real people, everyone is well-layered, has depth and meaningfulness and relatability. Seriously, Meyer's characterizations are flawless. Her writing is flawless. I can find nothing at fault here in this book whatsoever. It's beautiful and tragic.

I so pitied Levana. I so sympathized with her and her horrible upbringing and loneliness. Why did no one show her any kindness?

Enter Evert, who is equally tragic but not in an insane way like Levana. The only person to show Levana kindness, ever, was Evret. And for that he doomed himself.

Oh man, just--Everything was So Good! In a horrible, tragic, depressing way. I want to read more. I cannot wait for Winter to come out. I might just be hyperventilating. Come on, Winter! You're killing me, here!

GAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!

Sexual Content: Moderate
Language: Mild (if any)
Violence: Moderate
Drugs/Alcohol: None

No comments:

Post a Comment