Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Just One Night by Gayle Forman

Book Description:

After spending one life-changing day in Paris with laid-back Dutch actor Willem De Ruiter, sheltered American good girl Allyson “Lulu” Healey discovered her new lover had disappeared without a trace. Just One Day followed Allyson’s quest to reunite with Willem; Just One Year chronicled the pair’s year apart from Willem’s perspective. Now, back together at last, this delectable e-novella reveals the couple’s final chapter.

My Thoughts:
This was exactly the closure I needed. I still haven't read Just One year (aaaaaaaahh!) but after Just One Day I was so cliffhanged. I needed answers and this (thank goodness!) gave them all. Just what I needed.

As always, Gayle Forman delivers amazing characters. So normal. And real. What I love about her writing style is that she writes people in a way that normal people would react. Yeah, the end kind of was ideal, but the way it happened felt like it actually could have happened, you know?

My only real problem with this novella was that Forman switched perspectives all. the. time. Like, every few sentences it would switch to someone else's perspective. I get that she was trying to give closure to every one of the characters from the previous books but it felt a little choppy. Thank you, though, Ms Forman, for the closure.

The love scene was a little intense. But, honestly, it felt deservedly so. What needed to happen, happened. The balance of the universe has been restored. And now I need to read Just One Year.

Sexual Content: Heavy
Language: Moderate
Violence: None
Drugs/Alcohol: Mild

No comments:

Post a Comment