Friday, July 11, 2014

Book of Shadows by Cate Tiernan (A WITCHY TALE)

Book Description:
Something is happening to me that I don't understand.

I see things, feel things in a new way. I can do things normal people can't do. Powerful things. Magickal things. It scares me.

I never chose to learn witchcraft. But I'm starting to wonder if witchcraft is choosing me.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/675614.Book_of_Shadows
My Thoughts:
I tried to find a better description but couldn't this was the most I could find! weird...

Okay, I like a good witch story as much as the next guy but this...This just was a disappointment. I don't mind short stories but there was no reason for this to have 4 or 5 books in the series. The writing seemed a bit lazy as there was no real descriptions, just enough to fill in the blanks and a bit of back ground just on Morgan and Cals side not really in any of the other characters.

Morgan is a regular girl and doesn't know she has special witchy powers, that is until a super hot guy named Cal randomly moves to this town and invites Morgan and her friends to a Wicca party and the only one really effected by it was Morgan. I was sick and tired of listening to Morgan pine after the Cal through the whole book. Then Morgan's best friend is a horrible person in general, selfish and it bothers me that Morgan has no real backbone in the relationship or at all in fact. Morgan seemed depressed all the time and just seemed to mope everywhere she went. And if I have to hear one more time how gorgeous Cal is, I am going to break his face! seriously?! I felt like I was reading the last book in the Twilight series! ok I get it, her's hot! GAH!
Cal seemed too "cool" for the story. I dont know I think the author was trying to make him "mysterious" and failed. He just appeared to be like a guy who happens to be good looking and is into Wicca and yet too cool for the whole drama of it all. I dunno he kinda bothered me. He didn't have a real back bone either I just wanted to shout "JUST SAY IT!" Geez!

Overall I finished the book but I will not continue the series because it just annoyed me. It was too eye rolling.

Sexual Content: moderate (with some innuendos)
Language: mild
Violence: mild
Drugs/Alcohol: moderate (with some teenage drinking)

No comments:

Post a Comment