Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Book Review: Crash Into You By: Katie McGarry

Book Description:
The girl with straight As, designer clothes and the perfect life—that's who people expect Rachel Young to be. So the private-school junior keeps secrets from her wealthy parents and overbearing brothers...and she's just added two more to the list. One involves racing strangers down dark country roads in her Mustang GT. The other? Seventeen-year-old Isaiah Walker-a guy she has no business even talking to. But when the foster kid with the tattoos and intense gray eyes comes to her rescue, she can't get him out of her mind. 

Isaiah has secrets, too. About where he lives, and how he really feels about Rachel. The last thing he needs is to get tangled up with a rich girl who wants to slum it on the south side for kicks-no matter how angelic she might look. 

But when their shared love of street racing puts both their lives in jeopardy, they have six weeks to come up with a way out. Six weeks to discover just how far they'll go to save each other.
My Thoughts:
I've read 2 of her other series and I thought they were ok, I finished them but not without a whole bunch of eye rolling. However, I kept hearing about this one and how amazing it was so I figure I would give it a go.

Everything about this series is so typical and you can guess and see how it's going to pan out and you just know that someway or another it will all work out and live happily ever after. Which is OKAY! but usually I am just eye rolling parts of the stories when it comes to this series and I'm like, "yeah, yeah, yeah, move on." However, with this book I was surprised with the ending I didn't see something happening which was a nice surprise and for a page or 2 the author kept you gripping the book wondering if the author did the unthinkable, which was a nice surprise.

Rachel I just wanted to shake and yell at, smack her entire family upside the head and say, "WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?!!" seriously. I didn't realize that panic attacks can be so bad? crazy. I learned a lot about cars in this book which was interesting, I enjoyed the contestant mixing of characters from the other books even though each book is an individual story of one of the characters they are still there and mixed in the story, which makes fans of this series and they author wonder who she will do the next story on. Rachel is a wonderful sweet, kind character and you just love her, regardless of her naietivity.

Isaiah was a little whinny and I just wanted to smack him and say, "get over it!"

Overall: it's alright for people who like this sort of stuff it just was okay for me.

Sexual Content: moderate (kissing, knowledge that some characters had sex)
Violence: moderate (some fighting)
Drugs/Alcohol: mild
Language: HEAVY

3/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment