Monday, December 30, 2013

End of Year Book Survey – 2013

This survey originally came from another blogger, Jamie from The Perpetual Page Turner who let me take her survey for myself! Enjoy!

I tried to not put down the same book multiple times but as you will soon see it was sometimes just too hard! 

 

1. Best Book You Read In 2013? (If you have to cheat — you can break it down by genre if you want or 2013 release vs. backlist)

Contemporary YA – My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick
Dystopian/Post-Apocalyptic – Angelfall by Susan Ee
Historical Fiction – The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne
Paranormal — Rush by Eve Silver
Science Fiction — Shades of Earth by Beth Revis
Fantasy — Scarlet by Marissa Meyer

2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?

Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout  

 3. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2013? 

The Diviners by Libba Bray

 4. Book you read in 2013 that you recommended to people most in 2013?

Angelfall by Susan Ee

 5. Best series you discovered in 2013?

Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins

 6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2013?

Diana Peterfreund 

7. Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you?

Enders Game- I thought it was going to too sci-fi for me that I wouldn't understand what the author was trying to say. You know?

 8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2013?

Dreamless by Josephine Angelini

 9. Book You Read In 2013 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?

The Elite by Kiera Cass

10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2013?


I love the fact that this person is gently cradling this rose while it's hurting her and she still holds it while blood is dripping from her hands. It drew me to this book.

11. Most memorable character in 2013? 

Karou from Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor I found who she was (physically, emotionally everything) and who she was now to be so incredibly well thought out that it just sticks out! 

 12. Most beautifully written book read in 2013?


Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi I find her writing to be poetic and full unique and beautiful ways of describing things. 

13. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2013? 

The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne - The feelings I had by the end of the book just stuck with me for days! 

14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2013 to finally read? 

The Diviners by Libba Bray

Did you see my #HPvirgin tweets? Please cheer for me on this one that I’ve FINALLY read this!

no.... I have no idea what it is....  

 15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2013?

"Of course all this happened a long time ago and nothing like that could ever happen again.
Not in this day and age." -The Boy in the Striped Pajamas

  16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2013?

How I did this: Went to my read books on Goodreads and sorted by page number and just looked for what I knew I read this yeaer that was the shortest and longest.
Shortest– The Prince by Kiera Cass 64 pages
Longest -The Diviners by Libba Bray 578 pages

 17. Book That Had A Scene In It That Had You Reeling And Dying To Talk To Somebody About It? (a WTF moment, an epic revelation, a steamy kiss, etc. etc.) Be careful of spoilers!

Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins

18. Favorite Relationship From A Book You Read In 2013 (be it romantic, friendship, etc).

Romance – Penryn & Raffe from Angelfall by Susan Ee
Friendship – Gansey & guy friends from The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
Familial — The Garrets from My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick

19. Favorite Book You Read in 2013 From An Author You’ve Read Previously

Scarlet by Marissa Meyer

20. Best Book You Read In 2013 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else:

Rush by Eve Silver

21. Genre You Read The Most From in 2013?

Young Adult

22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2013?

Raffe from Angelfall by Susan Ee

23. Best 2013 debut you read?

You Are Mine by Janeal Falor

24. Most vivid world/imagery in a book you read in 2013?

Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor

25. Book That Was The Most Fun To Read in 2013?

Spirit and Dust by Rosemary Clement-Moore 

26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2013?

Book that made me sob the most: none :/
Other books that made me cry this year:

27. Book You Read in 2013 That You Think Got Overlooked This Year Or When It Came Out?

Fireblood by Trisha Wolfe
 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2013 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2014?

Allegiant by Veronica Roth

2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2014 (non-debut)?

The One by Kiera Cass

3. 2014 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?

Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge

 4. Series Ending You Are Most Anticipating in 2014?

Oblivion by Kelly Creagh

5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging In 2014?

I hope to get more followers on my blog so I can get to the point that I receive ARC from authors and publishers so I can get other people excited about up coming books!

http://networkedblogs.com/RBtpp 

1 comment:

  1. YOU HAVEN'T READ ALLEGIANT YET?!

    I DON'T THINK I CAN BE FRIENDS WITH YOU UNTIL YOU READ THAT BOOK.

    ReplyDelete