Thursday, June 20, 2013

BOOK REVIEW: Thoughtless By: S.C. Stephens

This is what I thought I was getting....



And this is what I actually got....
Book Description:
For almost two years now, Kiera's boyfriend, Denny, has been everything she's ever wanted: loving, tender and endlessly devoted to her. When they head off to a new city to start their lives together, Denny at his dream job and Kiera at a top-notch university, everything seems perfect. Then an unforeseen obligation forces the happy couple apart.

Feeling lonely, confused, and in need of comfort, Kiera turns to an unexpected source—a local rock star named Kellan Kyle. At first, he's purely a friend that she can lean on, but as her loneliness grows, so does their relationship. And then one night everything changes...and none of them will ever be the same.

My Thoughts:
Sometimes it's okay to judge a book by it's cover. Because sometimes the cover tells you exactly what in the book!

I saw a friend of mine who rated this book highly on goodreads and recommended it to me. So without reading what it was about I added to to my "to-read" list. Then while I was searching for books to put on hold at the library I found this and searched for it at my library and put it on hold. When it was ready for me to pick up I go to the library and picked up my stacked of books that I had on hold and this came with it... I was like, "uuuuuuh" there must be some mistake I didn't get this book, I don't read these types of books.

Well I put my stack of books in the order that I was going to read them (from highest rating to the lowest) and this book was the highest... okay...

I finally read the back of the book and figure I could try it and see how it starts and then decide if I want to finish it.

So I start reading it and it wasn't so bad, not a lot of language, a few innuendos-nothing too serious, and then a little before I get half way through the book the "big mistake" happens, after that the whole book went down hill and just continued to plummet like a comet crashing towards earth. What then did I even continue to read? I. Have. No. Idea.

Lets start from the beginning. I HATED from page 1 the main character Kiera. It seemed to me she had a unhealthy attachment to her boyfriend that was ridiculous and absolutely annoying.
She was crying all the time, whiny, too overly obsessed about her boyfriend that it made me want to punch her in the face. Well she makes a mistake, I can forgive her right? she didn't cheat on me and she is a character! no worries there! BUT OH, NO! she goes for overly attached to SUPER SELFISH! I mean that is what an affair is right? SELFISHNESS!!!

YES, people! I read a book about an AFFAIR!

AND THE AUTHOR GLORIFIED IT!!!!!!

Why then did I not put the book down? Because, I was half way through the book and had to find out who Kiera decided to end up with in the end!

So basically I read what I could and skimmed the rest cause I couldn't take how this book made me feel, and what it represented. 


In my mind this book did a good job of going through the emotions of an affair and still making you feel like you're the one cheating! HEY! That's not fair!

I hated, HATED, HATED this book for what is stood for.


The boyfriend. A unbelievable guy. No, seriously do I think there aren't guys like this? no, I'm sure there are! But it felt weird. He was too....nice... didn't care for him in the beginning either. then as the story progressed I felt bad for him and then I hated him again just because he was an idiot.

The rock star lover? typical bad boy that doesn't exist to the extent that, he fell madly in love and gave up his "lifestyle" cold turkey and unrealistically (in my mind). Plus I felt he was a selfish fiend for what he did to himself, his best friend, and to the women he "supposedly loved" (kiera).

The ONE redeeming quality is, it mentioned one simple truth and that is: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS HARMLESS FLIRTING! 


Other than that, and all in all the WORST book I've EVER read. Up there with Fifty Shades of Grey.
 

DO NOT, I repeat. DO NOT  read this book!
Here is my video on the book: http://youtu.be/IGmJr8v_mWk

No comments:

Post a Comment